Tuesday 23 March 2010

A belated update from John for 18/03/2010

Good Morning!

It has been a few days since I have put pen to paper, metaphorically speaking, so here I am with an update of happenings in my recent life.

I mentioned I won my Angora Cup golf round, well I lost my Vets one. So now it's played two lost one won one. Today I have the first round of the better ball. That's more important because we play with partners so I mustn't let mine down by playing badly. Sorry to say we lost! My partner had already played a round in the morning so he was a bit knackered. I played quite well but the opposition was just too good.

I did that bit on Sunday morning and then started again on the plane on Wednesday morning with this bit:

It’s been a few days since I have had time to sit and write a few words about life’s high and low points. Being retired keeps me very busy. Playing golf takes up at least half a day and after walking the best part of five miles it doesn’t leave much energy to other things. Even going to the gym is about a three hour round trip. Then of course running around doing silly things for HM is also time consuming.

On Monday we both went to see Chinese Dr. What a journey!! She’s very nice and I am sure is also a good doctor but it was a long way to go, especially when there is nothing wrong at this point the battery in the notebook died!!

Now I have a few hours of peace and quiet because I have just got on the China Airlines plane in Frankfurt. My seat is 4J, on the aisle. I could really do with a wee wee but not sure if it is O.K use the facility whilst the plane is on the ground. Better wait until we are in the air so it can fall on those unsuspecting Germans on the ground.
HM came with me to the airport. Not a very pleasant drive. She went on and on and on and nagging at me... The details are too boring to record here.

So I didn't get too much done on the flight!! Now I am in the hotel room in Taipei.

Going back to the doctor visit. She gave us both acupuncture and a massage but I didn't really feel any different afterwards. However HM says she is going to go every week in the winter. I am taking bets on how long that idea lasts!!

Did I mention about the visit to the natural history museum? What an event that was. HM has a group (She is a tour guide) in a week or two that want to go there so now she pulling out all her resources to become an expert in a couple of weeks. I was dragged along screaming and shouting and as soon as I walked in the door she assumed that that micro chip in my brain soaked up the whole contents of the place in seconds so I should know everything. I COULDN'T EVEN PRONOUNCE SOME OF THE WORDS!! Never mind knowing what they meant. After four hours I was shouted at and told to go home. Guess what?? I DID!!!

Had a lunch meeting with M and T on Tuesday. M is becoming a pain over this new anti wee wee machine, or rather where it should be made. T and I both agreed F Ltd is the answer. Mdoesn't like that idea because they now make for an up-market company and he thinks F Ltd will pass our info to them so they can copy. HE WANTS TO MAKE IT IN THE U.K.!! DISASTER! He is so worried that it will be copied. It is a very high tech piece of kit and it will sell for about $150.00. I reminded him that Taiwan is the world leader in electronics so we must at least investigate. He sort of agreed.

So now I am in Taipei staying in a district called Yung-Ho. It's in Taipei County but quite a long way from the city centre. There is a cycle exhibition on so all the hotels are either full or stupidly expensive.This one is O.K. for NT$2500.00 a night. Good size room with the usual bits; very nice bathroom so good value for money.

The journey was O.K. if a bit boring. Frankfurt is a pain though. I had to change terminals from 1 to 2. What's the problem? There are no signs!!. I remember being pissed off before over the so called German efficiency. Of course I eventually made it. Went through security after queuing for ages only to find that the lounge was miles away because they were using a different gate to the normal one and if I used it I would have to do the security bit again. So I stayed put. The arrival in Taipei was amazing! We landed at 5.55am and I was in the taxi by 6.20am after walking for God knows how long to the car park. The driver didn't park in the usual one. My luggage was the first piece on the belt. That's a first for me!

That's it for now. I wish it was bed time but it is only 5.15pm

No comments:

Post a Comment